Unexpected Christmas present for March police officers from seven-year-old Eleanor
- Credit: Archant
Officers at March police station were treated to an unexpected present when a seven-year-old girl surprised them with some sweet treats.
Eleanor came to the station with a gift of some chocolates and mince pies to say thank you to the police for keeping her safe over Christmas.
Eleanor was rewarded for her kind gesture with a tour of the station and a look around the police car.
Her mum, Fiona, said Eleanor loves the police and to go on a tour of the station was a fantastic early Christmas present.
PC Ed Chadderton, who surprised the girl, said: "This kind gesture came at a perfect time.
You may also want to watch:
"We have dealt with some tough incidents this week and such a kind gesture makes it all worthwhile."
The post on the Facebook page Policing Fenland was simply signed off with "#12mincepiesofchristmas".
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire