March pool closure is extended by a week
- Credit: Archant
Closure of March’s George Campbell swimming pool is to be extended by more than a week.
The pool closed on December 13 and was due to open again on January 4 while a new pool lining and roof insulation were installed. However, it will now remain closed until January 12.
The work is part of the £850,000 makeover under way at the centre, which is due to be finished by April.
Councillor Michelle Tanfield, Fenland District Council’s Cabinet member responsible for leisure, said: “All the improvements to the pool, the gym extension and the new changing rooms will make a massive difference to the George Campbell.
“Unfortunately, the major building programme involved means that inevitably some elements of the service will occasionally be unavailable over the next few weeks and months. We’ll obviously keep any disruption to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
“The programme is on track and on budget, with the groundwork almost complete and steel work about to start.”
If you have any questions or require any further information contact: 01354-622399, or email email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Alternatively pop into the centre and speak to a member of the reception team.