March Post Office to open 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- Credit: Archant
The town centre post office inside Tesco Express in March will be open for 12 hours every day with the news that it is to be turned into a modernised main style branch.
Post office services will be available for seven days a week from July 4.
Keith Long, Post Office area manager, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office, and will secure services for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
The service will be provided from four modern full-screened counters, which will be open Monday to Sunday from 8am – 8pm.
This is an extra 35 hours a week of opening including all day Sunday and Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
The branch will open significantly earlier and close later each day which will make it more convenient for customers to visit.
Abi Day, store manager said: “As a supermarket operator we are always looking for ways to make life easier for our customers. Post Office services will be available for longer hours in order to provide an excellent service for the local community.”
The branch closes for refurbishment on Friday July 1 at 5.30pm for the work to be carried out. Alternative branches include:
• Wisbech Road Post Office
• Chatteris Post Office in the High Street.