March pub Cobblestones goes the extra mile to raise hundreds of pounds for charity Young People March
- Credit: Archant
A pub has raised more than £250 for a charity which helps children and young people.
Managers Andrew and Danielle Hutchings and staff at Cobblestones in March have put on a race night, pub quizzes and held a collection for Young People March, which supports seven to 25 year-olds.
They presented a cheque to volunteers who help out on many different sessions at the centre.
Young People March’s centre is open seven days a week and holds free drop in sessions for 11 to 25 year-olds.
It gives young people a safe place to meet and offers positive activities and opportunities for young people’s development.
You may also want to watch:
Managers Sarah Brown and Jayne Manders said: “We would like to thank Cobblestones for the massive effort they have all put in to raise this money to help keep our doors open and give all young people an opportunity to be included in activities and events.”
For more information on clubs and projects call Young People March on 01354 650645 or go to www.ypm.org.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend