March pre-school children raise over £130 singing Christmas carols in Sainsbury’s
- Credit: Archant
Children aged two to four went to Sainsbury’s in March to sing Christmas songs across two mornings raising £132.
Pupils at the Maple Grove Community Group were accompanied by parents and Pre school staff as they sang in half an hour sessions.
Sainsbury’s have recently agreed to sponsor the community group for the year so to give back the children filled the shop with Christmas cheer.
Tina Bidwell, group manager at Maple Grove, said: “We decided to do this, not to fundraise, but to spread some Christmas cheer and extend our relationship with the local community.
“However generous shoppers donated £132 to us over the two mornings, the money raised is being put towards a new TV and DVD player for the children.
You may also want to watch:
“The children sang beautifully and received lots of praise! Thanks to the children, staff, parents and Sainsbury’s shoppers a lovely time was had by all.”
The group say they ‘actively encourage equality of opportunity for all children and their families and take positive action to eliminate discrimination’.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
They added their ‘experienced team plan an exciting range of activities to help each child to develop at a pace that suits them individually including children that have more complex Special Educational Needs’.