March Raceway to stage first vintage and classic car and bike show at Westwood school in aid of two worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
A club for radio controlled car fanatics will stage its first car and bike show on July 12 ... for full size models.
Westwood School car park which will be lined with up to 200 vintage and classic vehicles, with proceeds from the show to be split between two worthy causes.
Half will go towards seven year-old Westwood pupil Chloe Lewis’ wheelchair appeal, which, since it was launched a month ago, has raised more than £3,500.
March Raceway has already donated £300 towards the cause. Their contribution has helped pay for the spina bifida sufferer, who has a lack of sensation and muscle tone in her legs, to get a special hand cycle.
But more needs to be raised so that, when she outgrows her equipment, the family will be able to afford her next wheelchair.
You may also want to watch:
The other half will go to the Fund for Oval Racing Drivers and Staff (FORDS), which supports racers, staff and media people while they can’t work due to a racing injury.
Mark Hufford, March Raceway treasurer, said: “Chloe is a pupil at Westwood, where we race, so the members got together and decided to donate funds.
- 1 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 4 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
“Also, we are putting on our first car and bike show, with proceeds shared between the Chloe appeal and Fords.
“We would like to issue an open invitation to anybody with vintage or classic cars or bikes to display them.
“March doesn’t have anything like this so hopefully we can make it an annual event.”
To find out more about March Raceway, which meets on Friday evenings at Westwood and welcomes enthusiasts of all ages, go to http://marchraceway.weebly.com/
Anyone wishing to make a donation can visit Chloe’s fundraising web page at: http://de.gofund.me/mf2d8w