March Register Office is preparing to move to the town’s library.
MARCH Register Office is on the move.
The office - currently in Audmoor House at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel - is being relocated to March library in City Road.
Registration services at the High Street premises will close on Tuesday, November 27, but will not re-open at the library until a week later, on Tuesday December 4.
The move is part of a project to improve access to registration services in Fenland, with services in Wisbech due to relocate into the new Cambridgeshire County Council Awdry House next year.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Tierney, cabinet member for health and well being, said: “The move to the library in March and the Wisbech facilities to Awdry House will mean our communities will be able to access many services the county council offers.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been listening to customers and will change opening hours in Fenland in response to need. This is part of our policy of bringing together services into community hubs making it easier for the communities we serve.”
The county council says the two moves will mean both new locations will be able to offer the full range of services and have suitable ceremony rooms.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
March register office opening hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9.30am to 12.30pm, and 1pm to 4pm; Ceremonies are held on Saturdays by appointment only.
To book an appointment on-line or for further information go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/bmd or telephone 0345 045 1363