March Register Office is preparing to move to the town’s library.
MARCH Register Office is on the move.
The office - currently in Audmoor House at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel - is being relocated to March library in City Road.
Registration services at the High Street premises will close on Tuesday, November 27, but will not re-open at the library until a week later, on Tuesday December 4.
The move is part of a project to improve access to registration services in Fenland, with services in Wisbech due to relocate into the new Cambridgeshire County Council Awdry House next year.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Tierney, cabinet member for health and well being, said: “The move to the library in March and the Wisbech facilities to Awdry House will mean our communities will be able to access many services the county council offers.
“We have been listening to customers and will change opening hours in Fenland in response to need. This is part of our policy of bringing together services into community hubs making it easier for the communities we serve.”
The county council says the two moves will mean both new locations will be able to offer the full range of services and have suitable ceremony rooms.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
March register office opening hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9.30am to 12.30pm, and 1pm to 4pm; Ceremonies are held on Saturdays by appointment only.
To book an appointment on-line or for further information go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/bmd or telephone 0345 045 1363