March residents surprised with £30,000 door knock in People’s Postcode Lottery
- Credit: Archant
Eight residents on a street in March were surprised this afternoon (June 8) when they were each presented with a cheque for £30,000 after winning the People’s Postcode Lottery.
The Norwood Road home owners – who each received £30,000 – were left stunned when TV presenter Jeff Brazier knocked on their doors.
When the film crew arrived, people quickly jumped to social media, posting photos of the team setting up outside the first player’s door.
One person said: “Would be nice if they came down our street and knocked on the door.”
The Postcode Lottery team surprise UK residents every weekend with cheques worth thousands of pounds, two lucky postcodes get a knock on their door and collect £30,000 cheques from their army of celebrity street prize presenters.
Every month, a winner drives away a brand new BMW, lucky players jet off on dream holidays and winners pick up life-changing cheques at our £3 Million Postcode Millions parties.
It’s not yet confirmed what the Norwood Road winners will do with their new supply of cash, but one thing we do know is, they’re all extremely happy.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 5 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 6 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 10 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
Are you one of the winners? Tell us your story via our Facebook page or text: 07918691210