March residents surprised with £30,000 door knock in People’s Postcode Lottery
- Credit: Archant
Eight residents on a street in March were surprised this afternoon (June 8) when they were each presented with a cheque for £30,000 after winning the People’s Postcode Lottery.
The Norwood Road home owners – who each received £30,000 – were left stunned when TV presenter Jeff Brazier knocked on their doors.
When the film crew arrived, people quickly jumped to social media, posting photos of the team setting up outside the first player’s door.
One person said: “Would be nice if they came down our street and knocked on the door.”
The Postcode Lottery team surprise UK residents every weekend with cheques worth thousands of pounds, two lucky postcodes get a knock on their door and collect £30,000 cheques from their army of celebrity street prize presenters.
You may also want to watch:
Every month, a winner drives away a brand new BMW, lucky players jet off on dream holidays and winners pick up life-changing cheques at our £3 Million Postcode Millions parties.
It’s not yet confirmed what the Norwood Road winners will do with their new supply of cash, but one thing we do know is, they’re all extremely happy.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Are you one of the winners? Tell us your story via our Facebook page or text: 07918691210