March Ridgeons worker recognised for his loyal service
- Credit: Archant
A dedicated worker from Fenland was one of ten employees welcomed into an exclusive club because of their loyal service.
Ridgeons employee John Young, who is a plumbing and counter supervisor at the timber and builders’ merchants March branch, was inducted into the company’s 25 Club, for workers who have offered 25 years or more continuous service.
He and his fellow new additions joined 157 existing members at a special dinner event to celebrate their achievements at Ridgeons Green Light Centre of Excellence in Pampisford.
Each member received a personal welcome to the 25 Club from event host Gordon Ridgeon, before they were presented with an enamelled insignia lapel badge, a specially commissioned tie, a framed special service certificate and an inscribed gift of their choice.
Director Gordon Ridgeon said: “We are delighted to be able to welcome ten new members to our ever growing 25 Club.
You may also want to watch:
“Now in its 55th year, the annual dinner provides the perfect opportunity for us as a Group to thank employees past and present, for their long service and continued commitment.
“As a business that is built on relationships, it is important that we recognise and celebrate the achievements of these dedicated individuals.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'