March Rotary Club collections help recycle two tonnes of newspapers
AROUND two tonnes of newspapers have been recycled by March Rotary Club in the last year.
The massive haul of papers was gathered during monthly collections in City Road car park, March, with each member of the club participating twice a year.
Members of the public brought their old newspapers to the collections, which were held on the second Saturday of every month from 9am-12noon.
The income generated is used to fund projects across the community. This year, the rotary club intend to promote events including Fenland Music Concert, the Young Chef competition, as well as the Young Musician and Young Speaker contests.
These opportunities for 11-17-year-olds will be held in conjunction with Neale-Wade Community College.
You may also want to watch:
The next newspaper collection is on the Saturday August 13.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success