March Rotary Club collections help recycle two tonnes of newspapers
AROUND two tonnes of newspapers have been recycled by March Rotary Club in the last year.
The massive haul of papers was gathered during monthly collections in City Road car park, March, with each member of the club participating twice a year.
Members of the public brought their old newspapers to the collections, which were held on the second Saturday of every month from 9am-12noon.
The income generated is used to fund projects across the community. This year, the rotary club intend to promote events including Fenland Music Concert, the Young Chef competition, as well as the Young Musician and Young Speaker contests.
These opportunities for 11-17-year-olds will be held in conjunction with Neale-Wade Community College.
You may also want to watch:
The next newspaper collection is on the Saturday August 13.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school