March Rotary Club welcomes cancer charity representative for inspirational talk
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Rotary Club was told about the valuable work of a cancer charity on Monday.
They were given a presentation by Charlotte Darlow, the area fund raising manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, who provide practical, medical and financial support to cancer sufferers and their families.
Charlotte explained that one in three people will get cancer and it’s the toughest thing most will ever face.
After a question and answer session John Orbell thanked Charlotte on behalf of the club and presented her with a donation of £50.
A 5km walk on behalf of the charity will take place in March next month.
You may also want to watch:
It will start and finish in West End Park.
Anyone who wishes to take part can find out more by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07961 507515.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend