March’s community cafe gets into Christmas spirit with yuletide celebration
- Credit: Archant
Customers were treated to mince pies, carols and chocolates at a yuletide event at March’s community café.
The festive event was organised by a team of adults with learning difficulties taking part in a training programme run by Cambridgeshire County Council.
The Community Café is based at March Community Centre and is open every Wednesday morning from 10am to 1pm.
Jane Shardlow, foundation learning and employability manager at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “It was great people came along to the event to support our team.
“They worked really hard to create a real sense of Christmas for the customers.
You may also want to watch:
“The programme helps each individual develop skills and confidence as getting some work experience is often very difficult for these learners.
“They get involved in all aspects of running the café, including customer service, preparing drinks and handling cash.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told