March’s ‘Tuesday Club’ gets £400 cash boost from Caldwell Lodge Charity
- Credit: Archant
A March-based Age UK club has received a cash boost from the Caldwell Lodge Charity at a recent group meeting.
Brian Sutton, a Calwell Lodge Charity steward, presented a £400 cheque to the assistant organiser of the Tuesday Club, Cheryl Payne, on Tuesday (July 3).
The club – which is part of Age UK – was opened in 1991 by the former Prime Minister John Major’s wife, Norma Major.
They meet every week at the March Town Cricket Club and the money will be used to treat members with a lunch out or pay for entertainment at a future meeting.
The Caldwell Lodge Charity previously donated £500 to the group in January 2017 and continues to support the group.
The group hosts a variety of events and used the money last year to host a summer trip to the coast.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers