March’s ‘Tuesday Club’ gets £400 cash boost from Caldwell Lodge Charity
- Credit: Archant
A March-based Age UK club has received a cash boost from the Caldwell Lodge Charity at a recent group meeting.
Brian Sutton, a Calwell Lodge Charity steward, presented a £400 cheque to the assistant organiser of the Tuesday Club, Cheryl Payne, on Tuesday (July 3).
The club – which is part of Age UK – was opened in 1991 by the former Prime Minister John Major’s wife, Norma Major.
They meet every week at the March Town Cricket Club and the money will be used to treat members with a lunch out or pay for entertainment at a future meeting.
The Caldwell Lodge Charity previously donated £500 to the group in January 2017 and continues to support the group.
You may also want to watch:
The group hosts a variety of events and used the money last year to host a summer trip to the coast.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November