March salon Revolution hair becomes a food bank to help those in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A hair studio in March is using an end-of-the-year boom to help the town’s vulnerable people.
Revolution Hair, on Ellingham Avenue, has become a food bank drop-off point, and will be accepting donations until late December.
The salon is encouraging customers to drop items of food, which will then be donated to those in need this Christmas.
Owner, Lucy Bishop, said: “I’m trying to spread the word and encourage as many clients as possible to bring in a donation to their next appointment.
“The food bank has been really supportive and have agreed to come and pick the donations up instead of me having to drop it all off.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is welcome to pop in and donate, whether they’re a client or not.”
The last donations will be taken on Tuesday December 20.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour