March schoolgirl has her hair cut off to raise money for the Little Princess charity
- Credit: Archant
A seven year old March schoolgirl is having her locks cut off to raise money for a charity that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair during chemotherapy treatment.
All Saints student Roisin Larham decided to help others less fortunate than herself after watching Sports Relief and learning about children who were ill.
She has launched her Golden Lock Chop fund raiser to have 10 inches of hair cut off which will be sent to the UK-based Little Princess charity that makes wigs for children.
Mum Steph Larham said the family began talking about cancer and how it affected people and looked online to show Roisin the charities who helped those suffering.
Mrs Larham said: “I knew about the Princess Trust as a friend had organised a fashion show to raise money for it.
You may also want to watch:
“When we looked at the site Rosin said straight away she wanted her hair cut off. She said to me, Mum if they feel sad about not having hair they can just put mine on, I don’t mind it being cut off for them.”
Once the decision was made she and her Mum set up a Just Giving page which they linked to Facebook and within just two days she has raised more than £320 with the total getting bigger every day.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Her Dad Matt has made a fund raising chart in her room which they top up in the morning so Roisin can wake up and see new donations that have come in overnight.
“It just goes to show the power of social networking,” said Steph, who with sister Vonya Mundy has held fund raising events for cancer charities in the past, the most recent being a zumbathon.
Rosin’s last fund raising effort was a mini sponsored walk to raise funds for a cancer charity.
Her hair will be cut off next month by Eye hairdresser Simon Cox of Mirror Mirror.
To donate visit www.Justgiving.com/roisin-larham.