March schoolgirl in contention in national beauty pageant
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH schoolgirl is in contention to win a national beauty pageant.
Neale-Wade Community College student Charlie Hawkins, 14, has made it through to the final 50 of the Teen Queen UK competition.
She was scouted on a trip to London with the college and made it through a gruelling casting day.
Voting closes on Wednesday and the finalists will compete at an arena show in London later this year.
Samantha, Charlie’s mother, said: “She went with the school to ‘Move It’ in London and was scouted.
You may also want to watch:
“She was invited to a casting day and they took photographs of her.
“They put her through and now it’s down to votes.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
“It’s the first time she’s done anything like this and she is very excited. She really enjoyed the casting day.”
Teen Queen, the UK’s first teen beauty pageant, was launched in the UK in September 2006 to help people enter the modelling world.
Prizes for the winners include free clothing, cosmetics and international travel.
To vote for Charlie text TQ25 to 81319. Texts cost 75p. Voting closes on May 15.
For more information about the competition go to www.missteenqueenuk.com. Charlie is in Heat One.