March schoolgirl in contention in national beauty pageant
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH schoolgirl is in contention to win a national beauty pageant.
Neale-Wade Community College student Charlie Hawkins, 14, has made it through to the final 50 of the Teen Queen UK competition.
She was scouted on a trip to London with the college and made it through a gruelling casting day.
Voting closes on Wednesday and the finalists will compete at an arena show in London later this year.
Samantha, Charlie’s mother, said: “She went with the school to ‘Move It’ in London and was scouted.
“She was invited to a casting day and they took photographs of her.
“They put her through and now it’s down to votes.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
“It’s the first time she’s done anything like this and she is very excited. She really enjoyed the casting day.”
Teen Queen, the UK’s first teen beauty pageant, was launched in the UK in September 2006 to help people enter the modelling world.
Prizes for the winners include free clothing, cosmetics and international travel.
To vote for Charlie text TQ25 to 81319. Texts cost 75p. Voting closes on May 15.
For more information about the competition go to www.missteenqueenuk.com. Charlie is in Heat One.