March shops handed prizes for festive window displays
TWO of March’s ‘best dressed’ shops have been rewarded for their festive decorations as the prizes for the finest window displays were presented.
The town council competition saw hairdressers Spike and Violet win the award for the best small window display, while Fashion Wheel collected the large window prize.
Councillor Bernard Keane presented both stores with their trophies and a �50 cheque last week.
Vicky Viles, who owns Spike and Violet, said their Santa’s Grotto display was created by member of staff Alisha Grey.
“It’s something we like to put a lot of effort in to,” she said. “It can be very important. The clients like it and we love doing it every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Elaine Andrews, Acting Manager of Fashion Wheel, said: “We have been entering the competition for 16 years and this is the first time we have won so I’m delighted. It’s a nice surprise.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis