March shops handed prizes for festive window displays
TWO of March’s ‘best dressed’ shops have been rewarded for their festive decorations as the prizes for the finest window displays were presented.
The town council competition saw hairdressers Spike and Violet win the award for the best small window display, while Fashion Wheel collected the large window prize.
Councillor Bernard Keane presented both stores with their trophies and a �50 cheque last week.
Vicky Viles, who owns Spike and Violet, said their Santa’s Grotto display was created by member of staff Alisha Grey.
“It’s something we like to put a lot of effort in to,” she said. “It can be very important. The clients like it and we love doing it every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Elaine Andrews, Acting Manager of Fashion Wheel, said: “We have been entering the competition for 16 years and this is the first time we have won so I’m delighted. It’s a nice surprise.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’