March should be commended for having a safe and secure truck park
SO the mayor of March wants to close City Road lorry park and send us on to the industrial estate which has no facilities i.e. hot food, toilets, basic amenities that we should all have access to.
Not to mention the risk of theft from trucks and the risk of crashes.
March should be commended for having a truck park that is safe and secure. If people would read the signs at the entrance and exit to the parking area they would see that it is only a truck park between 4pm and 7am.
Closing the truck parking would create probably 25 car spaces. You go into City Road car park on any given day, however, and there will be at least that amount of spaces there. Maybe that should be promoted instead.
There are only six or seven truck spaces. How that would reduce lorries coming into March I don’t know.
How do people think they get their goods? Everything is moved on some sort of truck.
Are we second class citizens who have no rights? People, especially those in leadership, seem to think so.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
If the mayor would like to discuss this further with me please feel free to give her my e-mail address and we can discuss it.
I await in anticipation.
Another March truck driver