March Society get the lowdown on proposed March to Wisbech line and station improvements during talk
- Credit: Archant
The manager at one of London’s busiest railway stations was the guest speaker at the March Society’s monthly meeting.
Alan Neville, of Abellio Greater Anglia, outlined improvements scheduled for Liverpool Street station.
The society also heard from Adrian Sutterby, of the Friends of March Railway Station (FOMRS), who provided updates on the proposed March to Wisbech line.
Mr Sutterby showed photos of improvements made by FOMRS at March Station over the past year and discussed further refurbishment work - an extension will be made to a demo track and tarmac and fencing will be renewed.
The March Society’s Christmas Eeent, the Christmas Fun Quiz, will be on Wednesday, December 10 at 7pm in March Library.
You may also want to watch:
The theme is How well do you know March? Everyone is welcome. Members £2, non-members £3, including Christmas nibbles, tea and coffee.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.themarchsociety.org.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'