March Society get the lowdown on proposed March to Wisbech line and station improvements during talk
- Credit: Archant
The manager at one of London’s busiest railway stations was the guest speaker at the March Society’s monthly meeting.
Alan Neville, of Abellio Greater Anglia, outlined improvements scheduled for Liverpool Street station.
The society also heard from Adrian Sutterby, of the Friends of March Railway Station (FOMRS), who provided updates on the proposed March to Wisbech line.
Mr Sutterby showed photos of improvements made by FOMRS at March Station over the past year and discussed further refurbishment work - an extension will be made to a demo track and tarmac and fencing will be renewed.
The March Society’s Christmas Eeent, the Christmas Fun Quiz, will be on Wednesday, December 10 at 7pm in March Library.
You may also want to watch:
The theme is How well do you know March? Everyone is welcome. Members £2, non-members £3, including Christmas nibbles, tea and coffee.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.themarchsociety.org.uk
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town