March Society welcomes men behind critically acclaimed Peterborough photograph book
- Credit: Archant
The two men behind a critically acclaimed book of photographs which capture Peterborough and the surrounding villages gave a talk about it to the March Society.
Peter Lee and Henry Duckett’s book, ‘Peterborough and its villages in detail’, is the result of a collaboration between Peterborough Civic Society and Peterborough Photographic Society.
The book contains about 850 photographs selected from 4,000 photographs taken for the project.
Griff Rhys Jones described it as “an astonishing record of such imagination, ingenuity and flair, a ravishing document, a visual cornucopia and fascinating source book of architectural detail”.
The March Society’s next event is ‘Library resources for researching the history of March’ in March Library on Wednesday October 2 at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Alison England, community librarian for Cambridgeshire Archives, will present an introduction to using history resources with a focus on March and historic maps.
Tickets are £1.50 members, £2.50 non-members. Tea, coffee and biscuits included.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.themarchsociety.org.uk