March Specsavers staff get active to raise more than £700 for Magpas and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Staff members from an opticians laced up their trainers to raise more than £700 for two charities.
The group from Specsavers, of Broad Street, March, explored the Ouse Washes on foot and bike in aid of medical charity Magpas Helimedix and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
To further boost funds the store had a cross trainer in store with staff dressing up in their cheesiest workout gear.
Trevor Clark, store director, said: “I am really pleased with the efforts of the team and to be supporting two worthwhile causes.
“The support that East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices provide to the local community is invaluable and we are aiming to raise as much money as possible for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices fundraiser, Mark Loades said: “We are delighted to have the support of Specsavers stores in the Anglia region and hope that the local community support the March store’s latest fundraiser.”
To donate, visit Specsavers March at 5 Broad Street, call 01354 607 120 or go to www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/march
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend