March squadron celebrates successful year at annual presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS and family of 1220 (March) squadron members spent the evening with them in St Peter’s Church to celebrate the year’s achievements at their annual presentation evening.
Cadets achievements included a number of Duke of Edinburgh awards at Bronze, Silver and Gold Level, Marksman Awards earned on three different rifle types, First Aid Awards and Bandsmen badges.
Officer Commanding 1220 Squadron ATC Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Burnham shared stories of the year’s expeditions, which included flying at RAF Cranwell, sailing off the coast of Scotland and climbing the Rock of Gibraltar.
The cadets won the prestigious Walker Trophy for the best squadron in Beds & Cambs Wing for the third year running.
Cadet Warrant Officer Alex Ogden won the Nolan Cup for the best male cadet in Beds & Cambs Wing while Cadet Warrant Officer Alexa Ferguson picked up the Brackenborough Bowl for the best female cadet in Beds & Cambs Wing.
Officer Commanding Beds & Cambs Wing, Wing Commander Paul Bower, who was a former member of March Squadron, presented the Best Senior Cadet award to Corporal Chanel Ogden, Best Junior Cadet to Cadet Kyle McLean, Most Improved Cadet to Sergeant Scott Goodall and Best New Recruit to Cadet Joe Goodman.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body