March squadron celebrates successful year at annual presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS and family of 1220 (March) squadron members spent the evening with them in St Peter’s Church to celebrate the year’s achievements at their annual presentation evening.
Cadets achievements included a number of Duke of Edinburgh awards at Bronze, Silver and Gold Level, Marksman Awards earned on three different rifle types, First Aid Awards and Bandsmen badges.
Officer Commanding 1220 Squadron ATC Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Burnham shared stories of the year’s expeditions, which included flying at RAF Cranwell, sailing off the coast of Scotland and climbing the Rock of Gibraltar.
The cadets won the prestigious Walker Trophy for the best squadron in Beds & Cambs Wing for the third year running.
Cadet Warrant Officer Alex Ogden won the Nolan Cup for the best male cadet in Beds & Cambs Wing while Cadet Warrant Officer Alexa Ferguson picked up the Brackenborough Bowl for the best female cadet in Beds & Cambs Wing.
You may also want to watch:
Officer Commanding Beds & Cambs Wing, Wing Commander Paul Bower, who was a former member of March Squadron, presented the Best Senior Cadet award to Corporal Chanel Ogden, Best Junior Cadet to Cadet Kyle McLean, Most Improved Cadet to Sergeant Scott Goodall and Best New Recruit to Cadet Joe Goodman.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder