Live music, real ales and steam vehicles: family fun at annual March Steam and Vintage Show
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds attended this year’s March Steam and Vintage Show which was held at the auction field over the weekend.
A collection of vintage vehicles, steam vehicles and attractions were on display on August 4 and 5 along with various club stands.
A spokesman said: “Also a fantastic display of heavy horses appeared in the main arena, along with a demonstration of dog agility by the pacesetters display team.
“The cowboy show was well received especially when the baddie was gunned down by the local sheriff in the pop up western town, pedro the clown also ran a very good circus skills workshop that was free to come and try.
“There was music, real ales and live music in the onsite beer tent, also on the outdoor stage were various acts throughout the day including the March can’t sing choir.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of market stalls were in attendance along with the auto jumble stalls.”
Planning has already started for next year’s event which will run on August 3 and 4 2019.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Organisers have planned a petting zoo, two arenas - one for the vehicle displays and the other for the demonstrations – and planned demonstrations include falconry, gun dogs, heavy horses and the dog agility.
The spokesman added: “All in all it was a great family day out, and with more attractions to be added next year. It promises to be even better.”