March Summer Festival parade was great success - thanks to everyone who supported it
COULD I through you letters page thank all those who took part in the March Summer Festival parade on Saturday and helped to make it so successful.
The support of our community groups was magnificent, as was their patience and forbearance.
A big thanks also to those who volunteered to act as stewards on the day, particularly chief steward Cllr Mark Purser, and committee members John Gowing and young Daniel Anderson for their help with the organisation in the car park before the event.
Thank you to the PCSOs who helped along the way, congratulations to Sarah’s Street Dancers for winning the Skoulding Trophy for best group in parade and the Re-enactment Group who won The Mallett Trophy for Winston Churchill as the best individual.
Next year the parade coincides with our Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and what better theme could we have for what promises to be a splendid national occasion of celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, the festival itself including the parade couldn’t take place without the dedication and hard work of all the voluntary committee members led by Marcus Phillips as chairman, Maureen James as event manager and Clive Lemmon as secretary, as well as all our sponsors and advertisers.
Three cheers for everyone!
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash