March Summer Festival: The best in local talent to take to the stage across the weekend
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed weekend of live entertainment and fun for all the family will be on offer as March is transformed for the annual Summer Festival.
On Saturday June 9, the Lions Gala will see a variety of stalls by local traders open just after 8am, before the festival itself is opened by Mayor Jan French at 1.45pm.
The grand festival parade, on the theme of Disney characters, will be followed by the Classic vehicle parade at about 12.15pm.
Alongside the annual Pop in the Park acts, which will include bands such as Scooted n Booted and Walkway, there will also be a Dance in the Park tent for the first time.
Electronic music acts and some of the most popular DJs will be bringing summer vibes.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, bring your own picnic snacks and blanket as you relax to the sounds the Cavalry School Band and Choir, Phil Hare and Don May and Latino Sound.
Face painting, magic, a dog show and grand prize draw are just some of the many other events that will be taking place across the three days,
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens