March Summer Festival is on its way next week with plenty of entertainment for all the family
- Credit: Archant
It’s nearly that time of year again when March comes alive with the sights and sounds of the Summer Festival.
The major community event, which will run from June 8 to 10 in West End Park, will see an open-air stage for music and dance acts, classic cars, float parade and the annual ‘Picnic in the Park’.
The entertainment will begin from 6.30pm on Friday (June 8) with a lively mix of music to appeal to youngsters.
Bands such as It Comes In Waves, Ctrl-C and Tantris will perform an alternative mix of blues, acoustic and rock.
The evening will finish at 9.30pm.
The weekend will then be kick-started with the Lions Gala in the park as well as fairground rides, and on Sunday, children’s entertainment and a dog show.
The festival has been running alongside the March Lions Club Gala since 2000, with the aim to bring the community together to celebrate and enjoy local musical and dance talent.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body