March Summer Festival is on its way next week with plenty of entertainment for all the family
- Credit: Archant
It’s nearly that time of year again when March comes alive with the sights and sounds of the Summer Festival.
The major community event, which will run from June 8 to 10 in West End Park, will see an open-air stage for music and dance acts, classic cars, float parade and the annual ‘Picnic in the Park’.
The entertainment will begin from 6.30pm on Friday (June 8) with a lively mix of music to appeal to youngsters.
Bands such as It Comes In Waves, Ctrl-C and Tantris will perform an alternative mix of blues, acoustic and rock.
The evening will finish at 9.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend will then be kick-started with the Lions Gala in the park as well as fairground rides, and on Sunday, children’s entertainment and a dog show.
The festival has been running alongside the March Lions Club Gala since 2000, with the aim to bring the community together to celebrate and enjoy local musical and dance talent.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'