March teenager comes second in junior Miss England competition
A MARCH teenager was awarded the runner-up place in the Miss Fresh Teen junior Miss England competition.
As a result Amber Twell, 15, has been invited to join Charlotte Holmes, Miss England 2012, at The Clothes Show Live.
Amber beat off competition from 14 other contestants from around the UK at the Miss Fresh Teen final after impressing judges in an interview, photo-shoot and catwalk round.
In the final challenge, she was narrowly edged out by fellow contestant Emily Darney after competing to sell raffle tickets in aid of BEAT, the eating disorder charity.
Amber said: “I am delighted to have been selected to join Miss England at The Clothes Show and help sell raise money for BEAT.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really keen to enter Miss England in a few years time, so having the opportunity to meet Charlotte and learn more about the competition is amazing.”
Angie Beasley, Miss England director, paid tribute to the March teenager,
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
She said: “Amber is a beautiful young girl who has a great deal of potential in the Miss England competition in the future.”