March teenager pens her first published book
- Credit: Archant
An 18 year old student has self published her debut book after four years working on the teenage dark fantasy fiction.
Adrianna Tetnowski, of March, said the writing was borne from a passion for reading other fantasy fiction works particularly Lord of the Rings.
“I would read or watch things and think, I would prefer it to end that way, or I would rather a different twist in the plot, so I decided to start writing my own book.
“I used to write short stories but when I was 14 began this book as a major project.
“I made up the chapters and then worked around them shaping things within as they came to mind,” said Adrianna, a former All Saints Academy pupil and now studying A Levels at St John Fisher secondary school in Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Adrianna was given an offer from a publishing company but decided to self publish instead through Create Space in Amazon.
The book came out at the end of January.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
“I’ve had a lot of positive comments and support from school which has helped boost my confidence,” she said.
The new author hopes to continue her writing alongside plans to study English and classics at University with long term hopes to become a speech therapist.
The book tells the story of Adelaide Redbane who has been given a difficult role.
As the only daughter of Hathor Redbane, King of Iradas, she appears to have caught the eye of Marcus Valenti.
Now under the threat of being forced to marry his son, Adelaide has a decision - become Valerius Valenti’s bride by force or Prince Nicademius Mouridieus’ wife by choice.