March Tesco staff pedal 2,220 miles in aid of Diabetes UK
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fenland supermarket pedalled 2,220 miles to raise more than £700 for charity.
Exercise bikes were set up in the main entrance of Tesco, of Hostmoor Avenue, March, with 50 members of staff taking turns on the saddle between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon.
They smashed the 2,082 mile target - the equivalent distance of March to Lapland, raising £726 for Diabetes UK, Tesco’s chosen charity for 2013.
In total, the store has raised £3902.29 for the charity this year.
Tesco’s better service manager Abi Day said: “It went really well. We had two people on bikes all day during the challenge. Even the store manager had a go.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so pleased that people dug deep in their pockets with Christmas approaching.
“We would also like to thank the George Campbell centre for kindly donating the use of the two bikes.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information about the charity go to www.diabetes.org.uk