March town bridge is closed after a teenage girl jumps into the river
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was taken to hospital in an ambulance after she jumped into the river from March town bridge last night (Monday 3).
A police spokesman said that emergency services were called at about 8pm to the incident.
The bridge was closed off for about an hour due to police, fire crew and an ambulance blocking any vehicles from passing.
A spokesman said “We received reports of concern for a teenage girl who had jumped off the bridge into the river.
“It’s unclear if she made it out safely herself or was helped by fire service crew.
“She was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by ambulance as a precautionary measure.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim