March town bridge is closed after a teenage girl jumps into the river
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was taken to hospital in an ambulance after she jumped into the river from March town bridge last night (Monday 3).
A police spokesman said that emergency services were called at about 8pm to the incident.
The bridge was closed off for about an hour due to police, fire crew and an ambulance blocking any vehicles from passing.
A spokesman said “We received reports of concern for a teenage girl who had jumped off the bridge into the river.
“It’s unclear if she made it out safely herself or was helped by fire service crew.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by ambulance as a precautionary measure.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder