March Town Bus Debate
COULD I through your letters page, make my position clear regarding the March bus subsidy?
I supported the protests when the town bus service was abruptly cancelled without consultation by Stagecoach when they took over Cavalier.
In my view that service should either have been re-instated or discussions held between the County and District Councils with the Fenland Association for Community Transport (FACT) who have a fleet of minibuses and may well have been able to provide an alternative service.
Adding the town service to the March/Peterborough route was to my mind a quick fix to quieten down the protests but one which was never going to be viable in the long term.
I still believe that a town service could and should be provided by FACT. They already accept concessionary bus passes and should waive the �5 annual membership requirement for bus pass holders. Furthermore, the route should take in all the sheltered accommodation locations in March including Shaftsbury Court which lost out when the revised service was introduced, plus Doctor’s surgeries and the railway station as well as the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton