Anti-social behaviour and dangerous cycling in March’s town centre and parks prompts police dispersal order
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
Dangerous cycling in March’s town centre and parks, along with anti-social behaviour, has prompted a dispersal order for this weekend.
Cambs Police has said that due to a group of individuals cycling dangerously on the road and footpaths, a dispersal authority will be put in place.
The order covers the town centre and surrounding parks from Friday, December 7 to Sunday, December 9 from 3pm to 11.45pm.
A spokesman said: “We have authorised dispersal powers under section 34 Anti-social behaviour, crime and policing act 2014.”
The authority gives officers the power to remove persons from the area, seize any item in that persons possession that has been or is likely to be used in behaviour that harasses, alarms or distresses members of the public and if the person is under 16 years old to remove them back to their home address.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “This sort of action is only part of the work that your local team is completing and longer term engagements and disruptions of persons involved in anti social behaviour are already underway.
“If you are out in the town this weekend to unwind after a long week I’m sure you will have an enjoyable night but if you are out and involved in anti social behaviour then you can look forward to seeing your local team who will escort you out of the town until you can learn to behave.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The dispersal covers the area encompassed by the A141 junction with Burrowmoor Road along to Wisbech Road, Dartford Road, Station Road, St Johns Road, Creek Road to the railway line, along the railway line to Silt Road to St Peters Road up to the High Street back towards Burrowmoor Road and then along Burrowmoor Road back to the A141.