March town centre supermarket closes next month
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH street supermarket has officially announced that it will close next month.
The March branch of the Co-operative will shut on Saturday July 6.
The store is set to remain empty for an unknown length of time before being taken over by freezer superstore Iceland.
More than 30 people will lose their jobs when the store closes.
A spokesman for Co-operative Food said: “We can confirm that the lease for our store on High Street in March will be sold to Iceland.
You may also want to watch:
“Since Iceland will not be opening for business for some time, it will not be possible for our staff to transfer, therefore we will make every effort to redeploy as many as possible of the three full time and 29 part time members of staff with The Co-operative, or to help them find alternative employment.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody