March traders prepare for St George’s Day Fayre and for window competition
The competition, run by the March Chamber of Trade in conjunction with the Cambs Times, begins soon and windows will remain in place until after the St George’s Day fayre.
The fayre, held on April 22, is a massive boost for the town and last year over 5,000 turned out to see the various displays, stalls, exhibitions and performances.
Local businesses taking part will have a photo of their premises featured in the paper and on our website with a public vote to determine the winner.
The winning store will hold the Challenge Cup for a year together with a permanent commemorative cup for them to keep.
The stores taking part this year – and whose windows will feature in the competition- are
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
•The Wedding March
•The Flower Basket
•Flowers 4 Events
•M & Co