March window displays shine through in Jubilee awards
IN A haze of red, white and blue, three business in March have been praised for their patriotic window displays.
The Mayor of March, Cllr Jan French was on hand to award the winners of three categories - best large window, best pub and best small window - with a cheque and plaque for their Diamond Jubilee displays.
Fancy dress and party shop Abracadabra, in High Street, won the best large window category with its balloon-heavy Jubilee pride.
George’s, in High Street, romped home in the pub category with its cheeky cut outs of the Queen and Prince Philip, while The Barbers Shop, in Station Road, took the best small window award for its throne and crown combo.
Fenland District Council councillor Rob Skoulding, who helped present the award, said: “The councillors went round and decided which the best windows were.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole town has done great work and made a lovely display.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache