March carer who sprayed screaming dementia sufferer in the face with water is banned from working with vulnerable people
- Credit: Archant
A March care worker who sprayed a dementia sufferer in the face with water for 30 seconds while she screamed and cried has been banned from working with vulnerable people.
Louise Fage, of Wisbech Road, was seen by a co-worker smiling as she sprayed the woman in the face while helping her shower - despite the victim having a fear of water.
The victim, who is in her 80s and a resident at Askham House Care Home in Doddington, has a care plan which notes that she has a fear of water.
The incident happened on 1 November, 2018. The co-worker and former friend of the suspect reported the incident immediately and an investigation ensued.
Fage, 24, was found guilty of ill treatment of a person without capacity at Cambridge Crown Court today (December 5) and was sentenced to a twelve month conditional discharge, banned from working with vulnerable people and handed a £1,200 fine.
You may also want to watch:
DC Mark Andrews said: "Fage was in a position of trust and has completely abused that position. The victim was afraid of water and she has used that to her advantage to punish her.
"I would like to commend the staff at Askham house, in particular the whistleblower, for how they have handled this incident. She showed courage in speaking out against her former friend and safeguarding the vulnerable people who reside there."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
Advice and information can be found on the force website via www.cambs.police.uk and search for 'abuse'.
To make a report visit www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101.