March woman Vanessa is taking the plunge for Diabetes UK by swimming 22 miles
March woman Vanessa Droy will be taking the plunge and swimming 22 miles to raise cash for charity.
Vanessa will be taking part in ‘Swim 22’ for Diabetes UK by swimming 1,416 lengths at the George Campbell Leisure Centre’s pool.
She has one month until March 22 to complete the challenge and she is palnnign to swim between three and five miles per week.
Vanessa is still recovering from a netball injury to her ankle which occurred in November 2015 but she is determined to complete the challenge.
Vanessa said: “I am really excited about completing Swim 22 for Diabetes UK. It is a wonderful charity. I personally do not have diabetes but members of my family do and it would be wonderful to find a cure for future generations.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Vanessa you can donate via her Just Giving page www.justgiving.comVanessa-Droy or by texting VADR99 £5 to 70070
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache