March woman who discovered burnt out car whilst out riding her horse Harry says ‘other horses might have gone nuts’ and ‘it could have caused an accident’
- Credit: Archant
A March woman who came across a burnt out car when she was riding her horse at the weekend says it could have spooked him and caused an accident.
Hannah Moulding was riding Harry, who she has had for 11 years, along the bridleway of Barker’s Lane yesterday when she came across the vehicle.
After taking a photo of the car - which was still “hot and smoking” - Hannah posted it on the Facebook page March Cambridgeshire Free Discussion.
She wrote: “People moan about us horse riders riding on the roads. This is why we ride on the road… our bridleways are being used as a dump. There’s no need to dump a car here really.”
Hannah, who said some nearby trees have also been burnt because of the dumped car, said: “I could still feel the heat coming off of the car.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m lucky that my horse is brave and would go down there as other horses might have gone nuts and it could have caused an accident.
“I don’t want any spikes getting into my horse’s foot.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“And I don’t see why the police are not doing anything about it,” she added, having ridden down the same road on Saturday and seen the same burnt out car.
“Surely if that car was set alight, you would be able to see that the bridleway was on fire.”
Fenland District Council has been informed and is going to remove the burnt out car said Councillor Jan French.