Marcus Collins, Prince Charles and Janet Devlin top the bill at East of England show
EVENTS locally and nationally may have been something of a wash out over the weekend - but visitors and organisers of the East of England Show defied the wet weather.
Traders and exhibitors travelled from up and down the UK for the three-day show, with the highlight for many a visit by HRH Prince Charles - who braved the wet and muddy conditions during a two-hour visit, much to the delight of Friday’s show-going public.
Fans of X Factor finalists Marcus Collins and Janet Devlin – some from as far away as Scotland – didn’t mind the singing and dancing in the rain during Saturday’s open air concert.
Show committee chairman Andrew Riddington said: “A huge thank you to everyone who attended this year’s show – including all exhibitors, competitors, performers and of course visitors.”
“Weather conditions were extremely challenging but we are pleased to say only a handful of events had to be cancelled as a result for health and safety reasons.
You may also want to watch:
“We were of course delighted to receive a visit from HRH Prince Charles who certainly didn’t let the bad weather deter him and had a smile for everyone.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder