Margaret celebrates her 80th birthday in style with fundraising skydive
- Credit: Archant
A grandmother from Little Downham has celebrated her 80th birthday in spectacular style – by jumping out a plane for a fundraising skydive.
Joined by members of her family, Margaret Missin strapped on her parachute and jumped out of a plane high above Block Fen on Wednesday June 8 as part of her mission to raise money for Alzheimer’s UK.
Margaret’s husband, Brian, suffers with dementia, and the 80-year-old and her granddaughter, Sophie, took part in the courageous dive as part of their quest to fund research into the diseases.
Mrs Missin was treated to perfect conditions for the big jump, and another of her granddaughters, Catherine Adams, said her grandmother loved every minute of it.
“Nana absolutely loved it,” Catherine said. “She came up to me after the jump and was in real high spirits as expected.
You may also want to watch:
“She thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Mrs Missin and her granddaughter have already smashed their aim of raising £1,000, with the total amount raised expected to be discovered next week.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour