Fancy owning a Muhammad Ali watch? Then join a charity auction and darts match coming to March
- Credit: Archant
Jewellery, clothing and goodies from global sporting and TV legends, including boxer Muhammad Ali and fooballer Harry Kane, are among auction items at a charity darts day in March raising funds for Peterborough Hospital cancer ward.
There is a signed Status Quo montage, an Only Fools and Horses goody box and even a Freddy Krueger glove.
The ninth Mark Cross charity darts fun day is at the GER on Saturday March 16 in aid of Peterborough Hospital’s oncology department.
Mark said: “To date we have raised a grand total of £56,579. This will be our ninth consecutive year of hosting the event.
“The oncology department at Peterborough Hospital treats local people for cancer and carries out much needed research into the disease at a local level.
You may also want to watch:
“If a friend or relative is being treated for cancer at Peterborough City Hospital, the monies raised at this event have a direct and positive impact on their treatment and care.”
Among the auction list is the Muhammad Ali 24K watch, a Motoribke helmet signed by Carl Fogarty, a framed West Ham shirt signed by Billy Bonds and a signed Ryan Giggs shirt.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
There are goody kits from darts player Eric Bristow, snooker star Phil Taylor and a football boot signed by Ian Wright as well as signed boots from Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez.
There are four tickets for a grand guided tour of the Sky Sports television studios with a meet and greet of guests on the day, a Floyd Mayweather junior signed glove and a Cristiano Ronaldo signed shirt.
Add in signed photographs from Ian Botham, Johnny Depp, Harry Kane and Teddy Sheringham and you have still only scratched the surface of the auction lots on offer.
All goods have certificates of authenticity.
• Doors open at 11.30am, on Saturday March 16 at the GER in March. The draws for the competitions taking place at 1pm. Play starts shortly afterwards. The darts events includes cricket triples, pairs (darts players playing with non darts players) and singles. There will also be play for annual singles, pairs and triples cups. The day includes a tombola, grand auction and draw.