Smiles everywhere for 'Pink Ladies' thanks to summer run
- Credit: Marshland High School
Smiles were in abundance for one hockey team as they raised £1,150 from their annual parkrun.
Marshland High School’s ‘Pink ladies’ hockey squad saw their annual sponsored park run cancelled twice this year owing to Covid-19 restrictions.
But the team were back and ready to go again in King’s Lynn this summer after the enforced break.
Fifteen of the ‘Pink Ladies’ and Paul Swinburn, head of PE at Marshland High School, ran 5km each to raise the sum for the Fenland Women’s Refuge and Pelicans Hockey Club’s new clubhouse fund.
Mr Swinburn said: “Community chat was about the good that much of the youth of today are willing to do, and many of the locals were cheering the girls on.
“We are extremely proud of all the squad’s efforts and endeavours here.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a brilliant advert for the thought and work the youth of today can do.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'