Marshland man charged with drug offences
- Credit: Archant
A 54-year-old man from Marshland St James has been charged with producing cannabis and possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.
The charges relate to an incident when officers stopped a car on the A1101 in Welney and found twelve cannabis plants in the vehicle.
Officers then executed a drugs warrant on Smeeth Road, Marshland St James, finding a further 250 cannabis plants at the premises.
The search took place on Wednesday September 11.
Geirge Himonas, 54 of Smeeth Road, Marshland St James, was charged with possessing a class B drug with intent to supply and producing cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Himonas was released on bail to appear before the King’s Lynn Magistrates Court on Wednesday December 4.
A 23 year-old man who was arrested during the same incident has been release without charge.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor