Marshland St James Hickathrift House carer shortlisted for national Barchester award
- Credit: Archant
A carer has been recognised for her dedication and excellence by being shortlisted for a national award.
Ceri Mills, who works at Hickathrift House care home in Marshland St James, has made the finals of the Barchester Care Awards in the Carer/Support Worker of the Year category.
More than 1,000 people were nominated for awards by care home residents, staff and visitors, but only a select few have made it to the finals.
All finalists will meet the panel of judges in London for the final round of judging and will then attend an awards lunch at the Hilton Metropole Hotel in Birmingham on June 28.
Miss Mills said: “It is an honour to be nominated by residents, families and colleagues here at Hickathrift House and I am overwhelmed to reach the finals.
You may also want to watch:
I am really looking forward to going to the awards luncheon in Birmingham.”
The awards are open to employees from all Barchester homes across the UK and celebrate their commitment to delivering high-quality care to more than 10,000 residents in more than 200 locations.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Hickathrift House general manager Susan Scarlett said: “This is an amazing achievement and the whole home is supporting Ceri.
“Ceri continually gives 110 per cent in ensuring that residents are given the best possible person centred care and that staff are supported in their roles.
“Ceri is a fantastic role model and I am proud of what she has achieved. The awards are about celebrating life and promoting the great quality care we have at Hickathrift House.”