Masked man flees after hurling concrete bricks through windows of The Three Tuns pub in Doddington
- Credit: Archant
A pub landlord from Doddington was left feeling “shook up” after a masked man threw concrete bricks through the downstairs windows of The Three Tuns at just after midnight.
In CCTV footage a man wearing a balaclava can be seen approaching the village pub before placing bricks on a table.
He then throws the bricks through two of the windows before running off and fleeing in a silver car.
Landlord Rob Leonard said: “We have been at the pub since September 2014 and we’ve never had any problems like this before.
“It shook my fiancée Tina and I up quite a bit, because we feel that this is personal towards us as the person clearly targeted us with intent.”
You may also want to watch:
Rob and Tina were both in bed and still awake when the masked man started hurling bricks.
“We thought we were being broken into as we heard all the glass smashing. It was quite scary to be honest.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Three hours later, the couple had boarded up the smashed windows and three police cars arrived with five officers.
Forensic investigators are due at the pub this morning.