Mayor and Mayoress join in the celebrations as Chatteris tea room hits 10 year milestone
- Credit: Archant
A tea-room in Chatteris celebrated a landmark birthday by throwing a party.
To mark The Old Bakery Tea-Room & Restaurant’s 10th birthday, customers were treated to a glass of champagne. Mayor and Mayoress, Councillor James and Amy Carney, joined in the celebrations.
Run by Tina Prior and her mother Gloria, the tea-room is a passionate supporter of community causes, raising £4,500 for organisations including The Salvation Army, Chatteris In Bloom, Christmas Lights, The Royal British Legion and Come & Be Heard.
Cllr Carney said: “It is a pleasure and an honour to be invited to the ten-year celebrations of the Old Bakery.
“Tina and Gloria have done a lot for Chatteris by supporting several different causes over the last few years and have always done so with good humour and cheer, along with plenty of hard work.
You may also want to watch:
“As such the Old Bakery is a real asset to the town - long may they continue.”
Owner and chef Tina said: “It’s an amazing achievement to reach our 10th anniversary. The support we have had from the people of Chatteris has been fantastic.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“We have met some wonderful characters, made some life-long friends and had opportunities to be involved in a number of great community events and projects.
“It is hard work doing six days a week, but having lovely regulars and getting nice feedback makes it all worthwhile.
“I couldn’t have done any of it without the support of my family - particularly my mum - so a special thank you to her and also to Pearl, who has worked with us since day one. Here’s to the next ten years.”