Mayor Making ceremony sees new mayor for Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
WITH all the trappings of historical pomp and splendour the new Wisbech mayor was signed into office.
Councillors gathered in the town hall for the mayor making ceremony which marks the official beginning of the year in office.
Chains and robes were passed from outgoing mayor Vivien MacRae to the new town mayor Cllr Samantha Hoy.
Miss Hoy was last year’s deputy mayor.
She has James Barker as her consort.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s deputy mayor is Cllr Michael Hill.
His deputy mayoress is Jane Hill.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
The Mayor’s chaplain is Father Paul West.
The ceremony took place at the town council’s annual meeting and heralds the start of a busy mayoral year for Cllr Hoy .
She is expected to attend more than 300 engagements throughout the year.
Cllr Hoy is both a town and district councillor but lost her County Council seat to UKIP in the recent elections.