Mayor of Whittlesey unveils school’s new climbing wall and seating area
THE Mayor of Whittlesey visited New Road Primary school to unveil a new climbing wall and seating area for pupils.
The new equipment, unveiled on Wednesday by Councillor Kay Mayor, comes as part of the school’s project to build for the future.
It also ties in with the school’s 30th birthday celebrations, which have been ongoing since the children took part in a balloon release at the start of the year.
Funds for the new equipment were raised by the Friends of New Road and the equipment was installed in May half-term.
Head teacher Daniel Pilsworth expressed his delight at the new equipment and said: “We’re very pleased with it. The children love it and use it everyday, we’re just delighted.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Mayor said “The new equipment looks great. It’s absolutely superb for the children to have something to play on outside and I am under the impression that the outdoor seating area will also be used as an outdoor classroom.”
Steve Barclay, MP for NE Cambs, was expected to attend the unveiling but at the last minute received a three-line whip to attend Westminster to discuss the phone hacking scandal.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit