March mayor Rob Skoulding makes it a family affair as he hosts annual civic service at St Wendreda’s
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of March Cllr Rob Skoulding made it a family affair when he hosted the annual civic service on Sunday.
Sons Jay and Harry both stepped forward to read lessons - from Genesis and Matthew - whilst his wife Laura led the team of helpers preparing afternoon tea after the service.
"It was a very nice occasion and it was good to welcome so many dignitaries from across Cambridgeshire to the service," said Cllr Skoulding who opened the service with an introductory welcome.
The Rev Andrew Smith, rural dean and team rector, conducted the service that was held at St Wendreda's.
Those attending included the deputy lord lieutenant, Colonel Mark Knight and Mrs Dianne Knight, police and crime commissioner Jason Ablewhite and Cllr Kay Mayor, chairman of Fenland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a civic presence from Huntingdon, Whittlesey, St Ives, Sandy, Stamford, Chatteris, Wisbech and Hunstanton.
Lt Col Brian Beauter and his wife Mrs Sherrie Beauter represented the USAF.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award