‘Together, we can defeat this coronavirus and emerge into a more caring world’ - mayor of Whittlesey on the coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
We are living in unprecedented times.
In our lifetimes we have not witnessed anything like this coronavirus pandemic before. Everyone’s lives have been put on hold and at risk. There is much anxiety and justified concern.
If we all stick together and follow the government guidelines of staying at home to protect the NHS in order to save lives, then we will come through this crisis.
Our grateful and heartfelt thanks must go to those who are at present working in the front line in the NHS and care sector. We owe them an enormous debt of gratitude as they care for our loved ones who contract the virus.
There are also the many public sector workers and others with essential jobs that are keeping us all safe, secure, fed and providing a variety of services to keep us and the country functioning.
You may also want to watch:
We applaud you all and keep up the vital work it is very much appreciated.
I would also take this opportunity to thank all who have volunteered locally in Whittlesey and the villages to help and ensure the safety and comfort of some of our most vulnerable residents and those who are at greater risk.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Can I direct anyone who needs help in the current situation to the Fenland Helpline 01354 654321 9am-4pm Monday to Friday and 9am-12noon on Saturday. Requests for help can also be emailed to email@example.com.
The positive community projects and initiatives that I have heard about here in Whittlesey are fantastic examples of the very best in people coming to the fore in a time of great adversity.
Together we can defeat this coronavirus and emerge into a stronger, kinder and more caring world.
Cllr. Mrs Julie Windle,
Mayor of Whittlesey.